SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2022
The Staff Selection Commission is the conducting authority of SSC Scientific Assistant (IMD) Exam 2022. In below Sections, Appearing aspirants can check out the SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2022 and SSC Scientific Asst Exam Pattern & Selection Process in details.
SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Selection Process: The Staff Selection Commission has recently issued SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 Notification at its Official website on 30 September, 2022. Through this Recruitment Process, SSC will hire the Eligible Candidates for Scientific Assistant Vacancies in Indian Metrological Department. The candidate for Scientific Assistant Posts will be shortlisted on the basis of Performance in Written Examination. Those candidates who are planning to start their preparation or has been started their preparation for SSC Scientific Assistant Exam 2022, They must be aware of SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2022 in details. Before knowing the syllabus, Candidates must check out the SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern & Selection Process. Go through below given Syllabus details, Candidates can boost their preparation strategically & can score minimum SSC Scientific Assistant Cut Off to secure their selection. Here, we have also added a direct link to download the SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus PDF at the end of this page.
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 Latest Update
- 30 September 2022: SSC Scientific Assistant Online Application has been started from Today 30th September 2022. Aspirants can apply on or before 18th October 2022.
- 30 September 2022: The Staff Selection Commission is issued the SSC Scientific Assistant Notification 2022, Check out Notification Details
SSC Scientific Assistant (IMD) Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Selection Process 2022: Overview
|Recruitment Board||Staff Selection Commission|
|Post Name||SSC Scientific Asst Syllabus|
|Exam Name||SSC Scientific Asst Exam|
|Syllabus for Vacancy||Scientific Assistant Group B in Indian Metrological Department|
|Selection Process||Written Examination (CBT)|
|Exam Pattern||Computer Based Examination (2 Hours)|
Part 1 (Non-Tech) – 100 Questions for 100 Marks
Part 2 (Relevant Disciplines) – 100 Questions for 100 Marks
|Brief Syllabus||GK, Reasoning, aptitude, English and Physics / Computer Science & Information Technology / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
Click Here: SSC Recruitment 2022-23
SSC Scientific Assistant Selection Process 2022
The selection of Candidates for Scientific Assistant Posts in Indian Metrogical Department will be done on the basis of Performance in Written Examination. The result of the Computer Based Examination will be declared by the Staff Selection Commission. All the candidates shortlisted for Document Verification will be required to appear for Document Verification.
- For the categories having up to 10 vacancies, the candidates who come within the range of merit of Computer Based Examination equal to 5 times the number of vacancies in each category i.e. General (UR)/SC/ST/OBC/EWS/PwBD and Ex-servicemen (category–wise) will be shortlisted for appearing in the document verification.
- For the categories having more than 10 vacancies, candidates in the ratio of 3 times the number of vacancies, subject to minimum 50 candidates, will be shortlisted for appearing in the DV.
SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2022
The Commission will conduct a Computer Based Examination comprising 200 questions carrying 200 marks for two hours duration. The question paper would have two parts, Part-I and Part-II as detailed below:
|Papers||Subject||No. of questions|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25|
|English language & Comprehension||25|
|Physics / Computer Science &
Information Technology /
Electronics & Telecommunication
The important points related to SSC Scientific Assistant Exam Pattern 2022 is to be noted:
- The examination will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions only.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for questions of English Language & Comprehensions.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in the examination. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- The Commission may conduct the examination in multiple shifts. Marks scored by candidates in Computer Based Examinations, if conducted in multiple shifts, will be normalized.
- Tentative Answer Keys of the Computer Based Examinations will be placed on the website of the Commission after the Examination.
SSC Scientific Assistant Syllabus 2022 Details
SSC Scientific Assistant Indicative Syllabus For Part-I
General Intelligence & Reasoning:
The Syllabus for General Intelligence would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
General, physical, geographical, topographical, economic and climatic features of India. Current events. Matters of everyday observation and experience on scientific aspects and reasoning. Basic topics of Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. History of India, its cultural heritage, freedom movement, salient feature of the Constitution of India. Economic and social aspect of the country and its people.
The questions will be designed to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and number sense of the candidate. The scope of the test will be computation of whole numbers, decimals, fractions and relationships between numbers, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion, Square roots, Averages, interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and Distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra & Elementary Surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of center, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementary angle, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart.
English Language and Comprehension
English grammar, Vocabulary, Spellings, Synonyms and Antonyms, Comprehension, Correct and incorrect usages, etc.
SSC Scientific Assistant Indicative Syllabus For Part-II (Physics/ Computer Science and Information Technology/Electronics & Telecommunication)
- Thermal Physics, Radiation & Sound
- Wave and Oscillations
- Electricity and magnetism
- Atomic structure
- Linear algebra
- Vector Algebra & calculus
Computer Science and Information Technology
- Operating systems
- Virtual Memory
- File System
- I/O System
- Fundamentals of programming
- Database Management Systems
- Internet Technology
- Fundamentals of Geographical Information System (GIS)
Electronics & Telecommunication
- Bipolar Junction Transistors (BJT), Field Effect Transistor (FET) and MOSFET
- Introduction to Network Theorems
- Voltage and Current
- Digital electronics
- Single Side Band (SSB)
- Frequency Modulation (FM)
- Pulse Modulation (PM)
- Introduction of digital Communication
- Propagation of signals at HF, VHF, UHF and microwave frequency and satellite communications.