Here candidates can check out the syllabus of PPSC Accountant Recruitment 2022 Exam. We have also provided about PPSC Accountant Exam Pattern & Punjab PSC Accountant Selection process in detail.
Follow Us On Facebook
Join Whatsapp Group
Join Telegram Group
Follow us on Koo
PPSC Accountant Syllabus 2022 Exam Pattern PDF Download: Are you Preparing for Punjab PSC Accountant Grade II Exam? And, If you are searching for PPSC Accountant Syllabus 2022, then you have to read this entire article. The official of Punjab Public Service commission has been released the Accountant Grade II Exam syllabus on the official website ppsc.gov.in. For appearing candidates, we have curated the complete information about the Punjab PSC Accountant Grade II Syllabus 2022 details & its PDF to download is also provided at the last section of thi page. Here, candidates can also check out the exam Pattern & Selection Process of PPSC Accountant Grade II recruitment 2022.
PPSC Accountant Syllabus 2022 – Overview
Let’s take a overview for syllabus of accountant grade II exam:
|Organization Name||Punjab Public Service Commission|
|Post Names||Accountant Grade II in the Department of Local Government|
|Selection Process||Written Competitive Examination|
PPSC Accountant Grade II Selection Process
The Selection of candidates for PPSC Accountant Grade II Recruitment 2022 will be done pn the basis of Writtern Examination. The written examination will be held for 480 marks.
PPSC Accountant Exam Pattern
In the Below section, the detailed PPSC Accountant Exam Pattern to attend the recruitment process is following as:
|Name of the Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Part A: Concerned Subject
|Total||120 Questions||480 Marks|
|Time Duration: 2 Hours|
|Multiple Choice Objective Questions|
- Each question carries 4 marks and for each correct answer, the candidate will get 4 marks.
- There will be negative marking in the written examination for questions wrongly answered i.e. for each incorrect answer, 1 mark will be deducted from the total score.
- Unanswered/ Un attempted questions will be given no marks.
PPSC Accountant Syllabus
The syllabus for Punjab PSC accountant Recruitment Exam is consisted of subjects including as:
PART B: Relevant Subjects
- Accounting: Meaning, Scope and Importance, Branches of Accounting, Accounting Concepts and Conventions, Double Entry System, Preparation of Journal, Subsidiary Books including Cash Book. Ledger, Trial Balance, Preparation of Final Accounts of Sole Traders and Partnership Firm. Distinction between Capital and Revenue items, Depreciation Methods and Accounting including AS-6. Bank Reconciliation Statement.
- Accounts relating to Partnership: Admission, Retirement and Death of a Partner, Dissolution of Partnership, Amalgamation of Firms, Sale of Firm to a Company, Gradual Realization of Assets and Piece Meal Distribution.
- Consignment Accounts: Accounting treatment including journal and ledger in the books of consignor and consignee.
- Joint Venture: Methods of maintaining Joint Venture Accounts.
- E-Accounting: Meaning, Features, Advantages and Disadvantages of Computerized Accounting, Financial Accounting Package – Tally.
- ERP 9.0: Introduction, Phases of implementation, Configuring Tally, Accounts Management with TALLY.
- ERP 9.0 Package: Accounts Masters including creating and altering vouchers, Accounts transactions and preparing Trial Balance and Final Accounts. Corporate Accounting as per the Companies Act, 2013: Issue, forfeiture and reissue of shares; Redemption of preference shares; Issue and redemption of debentures; Issue of bonus shares and right shares; Underwriting of shares and debentures; Accounts of underwriters.
- Final Accounts of companies including computation of managerial remuneration and disposal of profit; Profit prior to and after incorporation; Consolidated Statements of holding companies with one subsidiary only. Amalgamation, absorption, merger and reconstruction, Accounting for amalgamation of companies as per Indian Accounting Standard 14; Accounting for internal reconstruction; Liquidation Accounts.
- Management Accounting : Meaning, Definition, Nature, Objectives, Scope and
Functions of Management Accounting, Management Accounting and Financial accounting, Management and Cost Accounting; Role of Management Accounting in decision making; Management Accounting Tools; Advantages and Limitations of Management Accounting.
- Financial Statements: Concept, Nature, Objectives of Financial Statements, Types of Financial Statements; Limitations of Financial Statements; Analysis and
- Interpretation of Financial Statements: Techniques of Financial Statements Analysis; Comparative Statements, Common size statements, and Trend analysis.
- Ratio analysis : Meaning and significance of Ratio analysis, Classification and interpretation of Ratios- Liquidity ratios, Turnover ratios, , Solvency ratios and Profitability ratios; Advantages and Limitations of Accounting Ratios.
- Fund Flow Analysis : Concept of Funds, Sources and Uses of Funds, Managerial uses of Funds Flow Analysis, Statement of Changes in working Capital, Funds Flow Statement.
- Cash Flow Analysis : Indian Accounting Standard – 3, Cash Flow Statement.
- Cost Accounting : Meaning , Objectives, Advantages and Limitations of Cost Accounting, Importance of Cost Accounting to Business Concern. Cost concepts and classification; Preparation of cost sheet.
- Accounting for Material : Concept, objectives and techniques of Material Control, Accounting and Control of Purchase, Storage and Issue of Materials; Methods of pricing material issues; Treatment of Material Losses.
- Accounting for Labour : Labour cost control procedure; Labour turnover; Idle time and overtime; Methods of wage payment; Time and piece rates; Essentials of a good wage plan, Incentive schemes: Taylor’s differential piece rate system, Halsey plan, Rowan Plan; Fringe benefits.
- Accounting for Overheads: Meaning, Classification of Overheads: Element-wise, Functional and Behavioural; Allocation and Apportionment of overheads; Absorption of overheads; Determination of overhead rates; Under and over absorption and its treatment; Treatment of special items of overheads like interest, depreciation, packing expenses, carriage expenses, machinery erection, tools, R&D, advertisement etc .
- CVP Analysis: Introduction, Assumptions and Uses; Break-Even Analysis: BreakEven Point, Margin of Safety and Maintaining a desired level of profit; Graphical presentation of CVP Relationship.
- Marginal Costing and Management Decisions – Marginal Costing vis-à-vis Absorption Costing; Marginal as a tool for decision making; Marginal Costing Techniques; Marginal Cost and Product Pricing; Change of Product Mix; Make or Buy Decisions; Exploring new markets; Shut Down Decisions.
- Budgeting for Profit Planning and Control: Meaning of Budget and Budgetary control; Objectives; Merits and Limitations; Types of Budgets; Preparation of Functional Budgets; Fixed and Flexible Budgeting; Control ratios; Zero Base Budgeting; Performance Budgeting; Responsibility Accounting. Standard Costing and Variance Analysis: Meaning of Standard Cost and Standard Costing; Advantages and Application; Variance analysis: Material, Labour and Overhead Variances (two-way analysis).
PART B: General Knowledge, Logical Reasoning & Mental Ability
General Knowledge and Current affairs of National and International importance including:
- Economic issues.
- Polity issues.
- Environment issues
- Science and Technology.
- Any other current issues.
- (a) History of India with special reference to the Indian freedom struggle movement
(b) History of Punjab- 14th century onwards
Logical Reasoning & Mental Ability
- Logical reasoning, analytical and mental ability
- Basic numerical skills, numbers, magnitudes, percentages, and numerical relation appreciation.
- Data analysis, Graphic presentation charts, tables, spreadsheets.
Download Punjab PSC Accountant Syllabus 2022 PDF
|To Download PPSC Accountant Grade II Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF||Click Here|