SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus: Staff Selection Commission will conduct the SSC JE Exam for Recruitment of Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, Quantity Surveying and Contract). Here is the complete details of the SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for various Engineering streams. Staff Selection Commission Junior Engineer Exam Syllabus information are given below…
- SSC JE Syllabus 2022
- SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern 2022
- SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for Paper-I
- SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for Paper-II
SSC JE Syllabus 2022
The level of questions in Engineering subjects will be approximately at the level of Diploma in Engineering (Civil/Electrical/Mechanical) from a recognised Institute, Board or University recognised by All India Board of Technical Education. All questions will ask in SI units. The SSC JE Syllabus details are given below.
SSC Junior Engineer Exam Pattern 2022
SSC Junior Engineer Exam will consist of two papers (Paper – I & Paper – II). Here Peper-I will organise the online i.e. Computer Based Test. And SSC JE Paper-II Exam is a Descriptive type Exam will to be held offline i.e Written Examination. Before Going through the syllabus of SSC Junior Engineer, you should have the knowledge of exam pattern. Therefore, Here we are providing complete details of SSC JE Exam Pattern, check below..
SSC JE Paper-I Exam Pattern
SSC Junior Engineer/ JEn Paper-I Exam will consist of General Awareness (History, Geography, Economic, General Science, basic knowledge of Computer, Static GK, Indian Polity, Current Affairs, etc.), General Intelligence and Reasoning, and Relevant Engineering Disciplines. 0.25 Marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||50||50||2 Hours|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50|
|Part A- General Engineering (civil & structural) or
Part B- General Engineering (electrical) or
Part C- General Engineering (mechanical) or
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for Paper-I
SSC Junior Engineer Paper-I will conduct in Online Mode and has included three sections which are mentioned below:
- General Awareness
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Engineering
SSC JE Syllabus for General Awareness
- General Awareness: Questions will be aimed at testing the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him/ her and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observations and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of any educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Polity and Scientific Research, etc.
- These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
SSC JE Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: The Syllabus for General Intelligence would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test may include questions on analogies, similarities, differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetical reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, etc.
- The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate‟s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationships, arithmetical computations and other analytical functions.
SSC JE Syllabus for General Engineering (Civil, Mechanical & Electrical)
Part-A (Civil Engineering):
- Building Materials, Estimating, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Soil Mechanics, Hydraulics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
- Structural Engineering: Theory of Structures, Concrete Technology, RCC Design, Steel Design.
Part-B (Electrical Engineering):
- Basic concepts, Circuit law, Magnetic Circuit, AC Fundamentals, Measurement and Measuring instruments, Electrical Machines, Fractional Kilowatt Motors and single phase induction Motors, Synchronous Machines, Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Estimation and Costing, Utilisation and Electrical Energy, Basic Electronics.
Part-C Mechanical Engineering):
- Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Properties of Pure Substances, 1st Law of Thermodynamics, 2nd Law of Thermodynamics, Air standard Cycles for IC Engines, IC Engine Performance, IC Engines Combustion, IC Engine Cooling & Lubrication, Rankine cycle of System, Boilers, Classification, Specification, Fitting & Accessories, Air Compressors & their cycles, Refrigeration cycles, Principle of Refrigeration Plant, Nozzles & Steam Turbines.
- Properties & Classification of Fluids, Fluid Statics, Measurement of Fluid Pressure, Fluid kinematics, Dynamics of Ideal fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic principles, Hydraulic Turbines, Centrifugal Pumps, Classification of steel.
SSC Junior Engineer Syllabus for Paper-II
SSC Junior Engineer Paper-II Exam Pattern & Syllabus
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Duration & Timings|
|General Engineering(Civil & Structural)||300||2 Hours|
|Part B- General Engineering (Electrical)|
|Part C- General Engineering (Mechanical)|
Click here to download – SSC Junior Engineer Pre Exam Syllabus PDF
Click here to download – SSC Junior Engineer Mains Syllabus